Are Steel or Fiberglass Exterior Doors the Right Choice for Your Home?
When it comes time to replace your exterior doors Oakville, you have to decide what style of door will best suit your home. You want to choose a door that provides durability, security and energy efficiency.
In addition, you want your entry doors Oakville to match the style of your home. Exterior doors can do a lot to boost the curb appeal and resale value of your home.
Total Home Oakville has a large selection of exterior doors Oakville in a large array of materials. The following article will touch on the pros and cons of fibreglass and steel entry doors for your home.
Steel Exterior Doors
Steel exterior doors Oakville offer a lot of benefits, including style and enhanced security. Following are the top benefits of steel entry doors.
- Steel doors can be customized with decorative glass panels for aesthetic appeal.
- There are lots of design options for steel doors, including smooth wood grain. However, they do not offer as many options as do fibreglass entry doors.
- When it comes to home security, steel doors provide superior protection against break-ins.
- Steel doors have outstanding insulation properties and can help lower your energy costs.
- Steel doors are exceptionally durable and do not require a lot of upkeep. However, they can rust as they age due to the elements.
Fiberglass Exterior Doors
In recent years, fibreglass exterior doors Oakville have become a popular choice for homeowners. Following are some of the reasons why they are an ideal choice for entry door replacement.
- As they are manufactured with lightweight materials, they are less noisy when in use than other doors such as steel or wooden doors.
- Unlike wood or steel doors, fibreglass doors do not swell and are not prone to cracks, rust and warping. However, they can crack when hit with a hard force.
- Fibreglass doors are easy to install, require little to no upkeep and have a longer lifespan than most other door materials.
- Fibreglass doors have superior insulation properties as compared to wooden doors and can significantly lower heating and cooling costs.
- Fibreglass doors are available in numerous style options and unlike steel doors, they can be painted to match the exterior of your home.
Many homeowners opt for wooden doors as they offer a traditional and rustic vibe. While they are appealing, they are not as sturdy or as energy efficient as steel or fibreglass entry doors. Wood doors are more susceptible to the elements and are more likely to rot or warp as they age. They require quite a bit of upkeep and will not last as long as their counterparts.
If you are looking to replace your doors, steel or fibreglass doors are your best bet. Fibreglass doors are the more costly, but you will make up the difference with lower energy bills due to their energy efficiency. Steel doors are the best choice for those with whom home security is the top priority. Consult your local doors company for a free estimate for quality exterior doors Oakville.