Warning Signs You Need Dryer Vent Cleaning
We understand that there are many mechanisms that you have put across to ensure that your property and family is secure. Such things may include smoke alarms, robust doors and window locks, stair rails among others. That is great because these measures are taken to prevent and protect the occupants from any danger. Unfortunately, people forget about one vital thing; dryer vents. They rarely consider dryer vent cleaning, and once these elements are installed, that is all and little is done to keep them functional.
A clogged vent can be detrimental. Blocked vents are leading causes of fires in most Toronto homes. So, rather than waiting to be a victim of clogged dryer vents, make an appointment today for your dryer vent cleaning. Continue reading here to see more about maintaining your dryer vents.
- Factors That Determine Dryer Vent Cleaning.
The frequency at which you are supposed to clean your dryers is determined by many things, including how often the dryer is used. Other factors include:
- Pets- pet dander get attracted to any surface in our homes such as furniture, bedding, towels, and clothing. Even if you launder pet bending regularly, there is still a lot of dander on other elements that can impact the air you breathe in your home.
- Location- this is regarding the distance from the laundry space to the outdoor duct.
- The number of occupants- besides a lot of loads in your home, the number of occupants determines the contaminants in the room proportionally.
- Purchasing habits- new clothes come with more link compared to old clothes. So, if you buy clothes frequently, you add more link to your home.
Considering all the factors listed here, annual dryer vent cleaning Toronto is recommended if you are a moderate user of the dryer vent. However, for heavy users, you should opt for semi-annual dryer vent cleaning.
- Warning Signs.
Here are common signs that you need to clean your dryer vent:
- Reduced efficiency- if your dryer is taking so long to dry loads, the reason is that the airflow might be restricted because of lint build-up.
- Things are overheating- you used to touch your dryer comfortably, but now you can not touch it since it is overheating. Also, when you remove the clothes, you find that are unusually hot. This is a clear warning that something is wrong and you should opt for dryer vent cleaning.
- There is lousy odour- if the lint accumulates in the dryer vent, it causes restricted flow of air, and with time, it may burn. It produces an unpleasant odour. If you smell this, switch it off and call a professional for dryer vent cleaning Toronto.
- You see the lint- you can see link around the outside of the vent. That is a clear sign that your dryer vent needs cleaning.
- It’s been long since you cleaned your dryer vent.